What is mentoring?
A partnership between mentor and mentee to assist our coaches to acquire new knowledge, feedback, ideas or advice. Mentoring should be developmental, driven by the mentee and focused on the individual’s needs.
Mentors are not there to find fault or criticise, but to share knowledge and experiences to help other coaches develop their skills and become the coach they want to be.
- Observation and feedback
- One to one conversations
How can we help?
- Assistance with training drills
- Match day experience
- Signposting to relevant courses
- Group coaching demonstrations
- Individual feedback
- Individual learning programme
- Friendly advice
- Help develop a training plan with long term player development in mind