FA Respect Programme
Respect is the collective responsibility of everyone involved in football to create a fair, safe and enjoyable environment in which the game can take place.
On field discipline
- Dissent cautions across top four divisions of the professional game were down by nine per cent last season (2009-10)
Referee recruitment and retention
- Referee numbers are up 7.4 per cent year-on-year
Assaults on referees
- Assaults on referees are down 13 per cent year-on-year
Experience of the game
- Forty per cent of the grassroots football community has seen their experience of the game improve as a result of measures introduced through the Respect programme
Support within the game
- 17,000 FA coaches were trained in Respect measures last season
- 752 leagues have signed up to Respect.
Learn more about the FA Respect Programme at the FA Website.
Visit our downloads section where you can download copies of our Respect guides for Parents, Players and Officials.